We strive to make our ordering process extremely easy and informative to all customers. By providing the below information, we have significantly cut down on the number of freight issues seen in past years. This information pertains to all e-commerce turf companies utilizing commercial freight. As of 2022, there have been no updates to any white-glove service. We will continue to monitor for changes and see what is available in the future.
Free Shipping Promotion:
- The required purchase is a minimum of 450 Sq. Ft.
- The delivery address must be a commercial address.
- Residential addresses do not qualify for free shipping; this includes home-based businesses.
- Appointment scheduling and call notifications are not guaranteed.
Guaranteed appointments and call notifications are available for a small accessorial fee. Please notify a member of our sales team for more information.
Important Residential Information:
- As advertised, residential delivery is a flat-rate of $99.00.
- The minimum purchase for residential delivery is 300 sq. ft.
- Each freight company charges the accessorial residential cost of $99.
- An appointment will be scheduled 24-48 hours before delivery
What to Expect from Your Delivery:
IMPORTANT: The residential delivery does not include offloading the material from the truck.
Delivery is considered curbside by the freight companies available to deliver artificial grass. They do not have access to offloading material from the truck, nor do they offer white-glove service in the artificial grass industry. However, they do typically make efforts to help. Although for some customers, this may seem like an intimidating task, we ship out large rolls from our facilities regularly, and rarely do our customers have issues removing rolls from the truck. If you are unsure that a 53-foot transfer truck can access your road, or your neighborhood, be prepared to meet the driver at a safe location to offload the freight. The driver is not required to back in or drive up to your home if he or she feels it is unsafe. Placement of item on driveway, sidewalk, or in the house and package removal is not provided. This is a large, heavy item, so arrange to have additional people help you.
If you have any questions about delivery or shipping charges, please feel free to contact a member of our sales team. We are always happy to assist with any questions or concerns you may have.
No Delivery on Saturday or Sunday
- Freight carriers utilize 53′ trailers and travel by “day lanes” For example, the freight may be placed in a 1-3, 3-5, or 5-8 business day lane. Occasionally, the delivery date can be up to 10 days or even longer (rural areas/islands/or unreachable residential customers). The estimated delivery is dependent on the distance from our factory to the delivery address. Business days do not include holidays or weekends. For this reason, we can only provide a ROUGH ESTIMATE of the delivery date.
- Turf Factory Direct will not be held responsible for cost associated with rescheduled installations due to product delivery delays. Please do not schedule your installer until you have the material in your possession. We will make every effort to provide correct and valid etas to the best of our ability.
- Please note that Turf Factory Direct will not be held responsible for determining the roll sizes necessary to fit your desired area. While our sales and support staff can offer advice on material type, roll size, orientation, etc, the customer is ultimately responsible for the cut lengths required for the order.
Although we strive to assure every order arrives in one piece, should exterior damage be visible upon delivery, please be sure to note each damaged roll on the driver’s shipping receipt and consider taking pictures for documentation. Otherwise, it is challenging to assist in providing a freight claim on your behalf.
- Please call us the moment you see any damages. Damages not noted within 45 days from the date of receipt will be void.
- If there is a problem or discrepancy with your turf, please call us before, unrolling the turf. In the case the turf would need to be returned to us, freight companies require the turf to rolled in a specific way. Packing the turf for return can be very difficult to do without having the proper materials/machinery on hand. Please contact us in writing or by phone before cutting, installing, or unrolling the turf. If the material is cut, installed, or altered before notifying us of damages or discrepancies, your claim, and any applicable refund will be void.
- Concealed damage is the language used by the freight company to describe the interior damage of a shipment. Concealed damage is typically hidden arrival. Unfortunately, freight companies allow a tiny window of time to report this type of damage. Please make every effort to un-package the roll and check for damages to the interior as quickly as possible. If the center cardboard core is broken or damaged upon delivery, please note this on the driver’s shipping receipt, and take pictures for documentation.